Your foyer should be welcoming for guests and it should be welcoming for those returning home also. It’s important that your table and tabletop decor are to scale with your entry way. I would have loved to have a larger round table but I didn’t want to block the pathway into our family room.
Here’s what I feel should be included on a foyer table (if you have the space):
- Organic Element: Some type of garden element whether it be branches or fresh flowers. Mine are faux branches and I’m perfectly fine with that. If you have a small table, consider a small bud vase with a single stem.
- Texture: This is why you often see books used on tables. I love to use them.
- Height Levels: Your table should have multiple levels of height for visual interest
- Black: I like to incorporate black as it adds sophistication to the table
- Movement: The gold sculpture element does this on my table. This is why you often see beads used that are strung over bowls and vessels.
- Drop Vessel: You should have a bowl or some type of vessel to drop off your keys, spare change, etc. when returning home.
- Personal: This is your home. There should be something sentimental in every area. For me it’s the Grecian Statue which reminds me of our vacation this past summer. If I had more room on my table, I would have added a framed photo.
- Scent: Every area of your home should have scent but I would avoid heavy floral fragrances. My scented candle is tucked behind the large temple jar on my table. I’m very in to linen fragrances and the more sophisticated scents from Diptyque candles and Byredo room spray. Remember the smell of your home should appeal to men and women.
You don’t need to spend a fortune to accomplish a pretty and welcoming look. Check out your local Homegoods, Tuesday Morning and Kirklands for decor elements.
Your entrance should be pleasing to guests and give you a sense of joy and calm after a long day.
Blue and White Porcelain Temple Jar: https://www.houzz.com/products/blue-and-white-porcelain-temple-jar-magpie-on-treetop-prvw-vr~159421538
Dream Design Live Book: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1419729837/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Gold 18″ Candlesticks: https://www.kirklands.com/product/Gold-Metal-Taper-Candle-Holder-18-in/306138.uts
Artemis Sculpture Diana Bust: https://www.amazon.com/Estia-Creations-Artemis-Sculpture-Ancient/dp/B06XNK7JS6/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Estia+Creations&qid=1635296569&qsid=146-8772186-7069310&sr=8-1&sres=B06XNK7JS6%2CB07D6P3Y5V%2CB06XQ2PXJW%2CB06XBZVRSH%2CB06XCCWXMF%2CB06XS28BFF%2CB07D6PCN93%2CB06XJPQJXN%2CB06XBBBRW5%2CB074PDKNKH%2CB06XFZ5YG7%2CB06XNL4M29%2CB07D6P8ZS5%2CB06XCFWFQW%2CB06XJNZJWJ%2CB06XKW12XK%2CB074W89RD6%2CB06XBHKDHJ%2CB06XRM4LP5%2CB07D618JNY&srpt=SCULPTURE
Branches: Purchased from Jagg Classic Wholesale (to the Trade only) – check out other quality branch options on Crate & Barrel https://www.crateandbarrel.com/decorating-and-accessories/stems-and-branches/1
Bowl, Crystal and Sculpture: Purchased from Homegoods